Automatically generate models in Simio using Excel database

rvasudev

Okay guys,

I need some help. I am completely new to Simio and I migrated from Visio. I have just started playing around with Simio. But, I am building relatively large models and it takes some time to finish.

Now, what I need to know is if there is a way to automatically generate a model in simio by linking it to an excel database? I am building production flow models to look at bottlenecks and so forth. So, I constantly update my database in excel.

Also, if there is, can you tell me how I can do it? Would I need to code it in the Simio API? I installed Visual studio 2013 but I don't know how to connect it to Simio. I am completely new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I moved your post because the Shared Items forum is for... well... sharing items, and is not an appropriate place to post questions.

But ironically, the answer to your question can be found in that same Shared Items forum. Several postings deal with such topics, for example: http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=904