Simio Forum
dsturrock

Software Language Translations Available

The Simio software interface can be displayed in several different languages. This capability is already installed with your software and can be loaded using the -language:XX command line switch where XX is your country code. This is easiest to use if you define a shortcut like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Simio\Simio.exe" -language:de

to load German (de).

Some of these are professionally translated and others are currently an Google "machine" translation. Here is what is available as of this writing and the 2 letter code:

Bulgarian - bg

Chinese - zh

Czech- cs

French - fr

German - de

Japanese - ja

Korean - ko

Portuguese - pt

Spanish - es

Turkish - tr

You can look in your Simio install folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Simio) for 2 letter subfolders (such as "de") to see what is currently supported in your version.

If you would like to see a Google translation of a particular language or you are interested n helping to manually translate (or clean up an automatic translation) contact Simio support.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for google transation, but this forces me to do some corrections.

Some translations are (as estimated) very funny. :-)

If you can give me the translation files, I will try to create proper Czech translation.

thanks Dave, can you send me the resource file also, I would like to edit it, as at a glimps,quite a few translation is either funny, or hard to understand.

I plan to work on it ,leave it to one of my engineer to do during spare time.

Edited by Guest

Some things Google does well, many not so well.

Thank you both for volunteering to help. I will send you both files soon.

The translation process is pretty easy, but somewhat tedious. To overview, we provide data files and a (free) tool that allows you to look at our resource files in a spreadsheet interface that presents English phrase, software location (for context), current translation, and your translation. After making a series of changes, you return the files to us and you will see the changes in the next software release. We recommend starting with the most visible and obvious items first, but you can do a small piece or the entire product.

Again, I appreciate any help.

I now have updated resource files (for Simio 6.111) available.

If anyone would like to spend a few minutes (or hours or days :)) improving your native language translation, please email me and I will send the instructions and files. It is a fairly simple process and we supply the software. It would be time consuming to do the entire translation, but I expect you could make a significant improvement in a few hours.

Dear Dave

I am wondering if Simio resource file is sprint-dependent? that said, can resource file for 6.111 work for 6.110

or we could only fix on a specific sprint?

Kind regards

They definitely move forward (e.g. a translation done for 6.90 still works fine for 6.110) because once it s done it is carried forward to future sprints.

I expect that they will not go backward well.

good. some error are fixed, it works for 6.112.

<a class=good.jpg.749ba630a674315eed62536189b1def6.jpg' alt='good.jpg.749ba630a674315eed62536189b1def6.jpg'>

SO what is the next step. Do we need to work on the same resource file you give us last time . or do you have a new resource file released for new sprint???

Looking forward to your kind reply...

While you could continue updating an older resource file, the best procedure is:

1) Contact me by email just before you are ready to work on it and I will provide the latest resource file from the latest sprint,

2) Add any improvements to the translation,

3) Send updated files to me and I will get them in the next sprint,

4) Verify your changes in the new sprint and when you are ready to do more, see #1.

While you could simply just "go do it", I prefer the iterative approach in translation, just as I prefer it in modeling. :)

If anyone wants to start a new (as yet unsupported) language, just let me know and I will get a Google automatic translation to start with, then provide you the set of tools and instructions you need.

If you want to improve an existing translation, let me know so I can coordinate activities to help avoid redundant work.

Thanks for your help.

In 9.153, to be posted this week, we have made some software changes so that many more parts of the software will be correctly translated.

And we have refreshed all our translations - as Google gets better at translating, hopefully more of them make sense than they used to. I'll leave it to native speakers to judge how much things have improved.

We are always looking for volunteers to improve the translations. All of the resource files have been refreshed.

Resource files:SimioTranslationResources.zip

Shortcut files:SimioTranslationShortcuts.zip

See earlier posts for instructions.

For those who are not familiar with creating and modifying a shortcut from Simio to the desktop:

Find your directory where Simio.exe is located.  That is typically:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Simio

or

C:\Program Files\Simio

If you have files hidden, or not showing the full file name, you will need to turn the option on to view hidden file names in Windows Explorer. When you find the file called Simio.exe, you will need to right-click on it and either create a shortcut there and move it to the desktop or use the option to 'Send to' and choose the Desktop (create shortcut).  Once the shortcut has been created on the desktop, right-click and choose Properties.  You should see a Properties Window (see attached image). SimioShortcutProperties.PNG.161887a048690bb8c514f12301cb5a84.PNG

In the Target box leave the text that is there and add  -language:xx

Judy