Number of Entity Types in a Queue

AlperOz

Hello everyone,

In My Model i attached, i have 4 diffrent type of entities. The model is a standart Source-Workstation-Sink model. In my model, entities come to Workstation2 and afterwards they are processing. In workstation2, if entity type is same, there is no setup time but if entity types are diffrent, there is 2 minute setup time.

My question, which is very crucial for me at that time is, after all entities came to Workstation2, is there any way to set a variable how many entity type (as we can see in model, the number is 4) came to Workstation2.Inputbuffer.Contents? Or is there any way to see the number of them in a status label after they come to Workstation2.Inputbuffer.Contents?

At that point, you may say that why are you using Tables instead of using ModelEntity for each type of entity. I know that i can do it in that way but if i can built the model at the end, i will have a lot of input. Thats why i preferred using Tables.

I don't know if it is a simple question or not. However it makes me crazy because unfortunately i cannot find a way, i'm stuck on it.

If anyone have an idea or know solution, please help me.

Regards,

Alper

MyModel.spfx

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that you create four new States in the model, one for each type of entity, to keep track of the number of each type that have entered the InputBuffer of Workstation2.

Next, create another column in your table that is a StateProperty column. Populate this column with the four new States that you created.

In the State Assignment property of Workstation2, in the OnEntered assignment, you can increment the appropriate State by simply setting the State Variable Name to Table1.StateProperty and the New Value to Table1.StateProperty + 1. Because the appropritate row is already set in the table, Simio will know which State variable to update, depending on what type of entity has just entered the Workstation.

• 5 months later...

Dear Renee Thiesing,

First of all, thank you to answer my question and i should apologize that my thanks to you are late because my another businesses took much time.

These are my first posts in this block and actually i should say that, i didn't expect that anyone answer my questions.

Your advices broad my point of view. but i need a little bit more of your suggestions.

As you can see my new attachment model, if i do it correctly, your suggestion gives me the total type of entities which goes to workstation or workstations. In that case like attachment, if i have an example which entites go two or more workstations, and the number of entity types going to workstations are diffrent numbers, i always see number of types of entities in each workstations inputbuffer.contents the same number.

What i need is, specifically, to see the each number of entity types for each workstations. For example;

There are two types of entities which is waiting in Worksation2.Inputbuffer.Contents and

There are three types of entities which is waiting in Worksation3.Inputbuffer.Contents.

In my Attachment as an example, when you run it, you will see that;

In Workstation 2, there is one type entity (blue) and in inputbuffer, there are 7 one type entities

In Workstation 3, there are three types of entities and type 1 (red), 31 entities, type 2 (black), 18 and type 3 (green), 44.

Can i have too see this numbers by using Status Label or something else.

Besides, i need a calculate the number of entities according to their types in each workstation.inputbuffer.contents.

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Alper OZ

MyModel2.spfx

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I understand your problem correctly, but from what I understand of it, maybe you should consider having 4 different entities instead of assigning by color, and try using "Workstation2.InputBuffer.Contents.Contains(object)".

I'm not 100% sure it will work but it might be an option to look into!