Generic generation of entity types and process times

avazquez

I want to have a source that creates one entity of each part type everyday. The total number of different parts in the system can vary and the user must define a priori. That is, you can have 1 to N different types. Then I want a server that will use the info from a table that contain the process time info for each 1 to N types and the server will use this table to process the entity based on their corresponding process times. I want to do this by placing only one one entity type, one source, and one server. The table will be populated with as many rows (N) as needed a priori.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One way to do this is by using a Process. Create a table with a string column (PartType) and an expression column (ProcessingTime). Create a new token(MyToken1) in Definitions Tab with a real state variable: Index. Set the process to be triggered by a timer which is set to 24 hour interval and set the token class to MyToken1. Use a Search Step with Collection Type: TableRows, Table Name: Table1, Limit: Infinity, and Save Index Found: MyToken1.Index. On the Found branch use a Create step to create a new object Entity Type: Parts. On the Created branch use a SetRow step with Table Name: Table1 and Row Number: MyToken1.Index and a Transfer Step. Set the Server Processing Time to Table1.ProcessingTime. Rename the DefaultEntity parts. The entities are all the same Entity Type. You don't need a source.