Alternative destinations

dadom09

Hi.

I wanted to ask if there is any simple way to select ONE out of couple of alternative destinations specified in a data table?

I.e. I have the machines grouped into three manufacturing cells, lets say ProductType A can be produced on machines 1 OR 2 OR 3 within Cell1. Input nodes of each cell are specified in the NodeList. I want to route the entity to one of these 3 machines based on this ResourceState(idle).

Any ideas? Detailed description along with the base model can be found in this topic http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1765

1) Define an object list comprised of your nodes of resources (assume you have 3 servers (resources) for cell1)... call it Cell1ResourcesNodeList

for example: objectlistname: "Cell1ResourcesNodeList"

Inputs of the list should be all the nodes (or some of them) of your resources at Cell 1: 1) Input@Server1, 2) Input@Server2, 3) Input@Server3

2) Create a new process. I called it "IdleServerFinder"

3) Add a search step... set its Collection Type and Object List Name properties as "ObjectList" and "Cell1ResourcesNodeList"...

4) In SearchExpression property of search step write "Candidate.Node.AssociatedStationLoad"...

or "Candidate.Node.AssociatedStationOverload" whichever works for your purposes...

Edited by Guest

Ok... I realized at the last moment that the previous solution is not what you want...

Thus,

In the objectlist you should replace the nodes with server names (i.e., server1, server2, server3)...

then replace the former search expression(s) with "Candidate.Server.Capacity.Allocated==0"

which is what you want...