Transporter request each time a shipping size is reached

fsy5393

I'm trying to model a transportation behavior where for every 20 entity(shipping size) accumulated at a node, I want a transporter to come pick the entities up (exactly 20 entities). However, since the requests are initiated from the same node, a single transporter comes and picks up everything if there are more than one party at the node (one party = 20 entities). But if I have two parties accumulated at the node, I want two transporters. I know setting the transporters' capacity to 20 will solve the issue, but the shipping size property can be different among nodes and I'd like this behavior to work even if the transporter's capacity is set to infinity. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Selin

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I tried to create a logic that is triggered when the transporter is evaluating the seize request, but I couldn't make it accept the parts up to the desired amount and reject the rest. Instead, I dynamically assign the vehicle capacity, where the capacity is adjusted (to the desired shipment amount) every time a transporter is allocated.

I'm not sure if this is a good way to do it, but it seems to be working fine.