Passing table property error

Hi everyone!

In my simulation model I created a sub-model and placed many on its facility. On the main model I have a table that only has 1 object column and I want to pass the table to the sub-model as a property.

I've done this many times with processes: I create a process property on the object and on the main model I pass the process through its properties. However I can't do this with table property:

*On the main model Simio accepts the name of the table I write -> Ok

*On the sub-model at Controls I write the name of the table property and Simio returns an error...

Why is this? Please, some help..

Thanks.

In Simio, all tables exist at the top level, e.g. in the main model. Any “outside” data that is referenced inside an object or submodel must be passed into the submodel via properties defined on that submodel. The mechanism for passing in sets of data like found in Tables is to define a Repeat Group property. This Repeat Group is then used to store the information from the top level model.

The SimBit Top Level Model (from project Hierarchy With Tables) is an example of using repeating groups.

In Help Using A Custom Object In A Model: Data Tables explains how to move your data from the submodel to the main model, map it to the Repeating Group and convert the submodel table to a repeating group in a few short step.

It's in the Help file in Simio. You can press F1 or click the question mark in the upper right corner to access Help. An easy way is to search for Repeating Groups , select the Title Using A Custom Object In A Model scroll down until the Data Tables section.