Modeling with hundreds of of entities

mprokle

Hello,

I am building a model which consists out of hundreds of different entities. Instead of creating hundreds of sources, I am seeking to release all entities out of one single source according to individual entity specific distributions.

I have seen examples which specify a product mix table and interarrival times but this would not capture the simultaneous release of the entities.

I would appreciate, if someone could point me towards a smart approach.

Thanks!

I am not sure I am reading this correctly, but it sounds like you want each of your hundred+ entities to be generated on its own arrival stream. In the Simio library, the Source is the only object/method for generating arrival streams. While the Source can certainly generate multiple entity types from one arrival stream, each source can have only 1 arrival stream

You will either need to use multiple Sources or at least take a process approach with a Timer behind each arrival stream.

I appreciate the quick response. The idea is, ideally, to use one single source object which releases hundreds of different types of entities, each with their own corresponding supply distribution. These different entities would then be combined to a few parent entities for further processing (> assembly process).

I understand that one source object can be used to release different entities as I would like (e.g. using a product mix table) but I did not find a way to specify interarrival times between the same type of entity (opposed to interarrival times between different random entities).

If I understand it correctly, I would instead create hundred+ sources each connected with the corresponding entities and connect all sources with one single combiner. I was not sure if there was a more intelligent way to do this (e.g. import all entities + corresponding distributions into a table).

I hope this explanation helps. Thank you.

I have an idea but I don't know if it works.

How about create a table with a timer column and an entity column. It may save time to link hundreds of sources and paths. But I don't figure out how to use the table to create entities in detail.