Data structure suggestion. Urgent help!

Hi everybody!

Here is my problem:

I have several types of products of the type string (e.g. ref123g).

I need to build some kind of data structure that enables me to have on 1 column these types of product (string) and, on a second columnon, a number that could be changed over time.

If anyone could give me a suggestion as how to do this I would be much appreciated.

1) If you are using Enterprise Edition, you can have outputs (states) in tables. Otherwise tables are limited to containing properties.

2) It is possible to create a number of states and reference that state in the table property. But this would probably be tedious and I don't recommend this approach.

3) I think what you probably need is a state array. If you parallel your table (e.g. table row 5 corresponds to array index 5) then it should be easy to use. You can even reference the table for initial values and automatically scale the array to match the table if you want. This sounds like your best approach if you are not using Enterprise Edition.

Thanks for the reply!

I thought about solution 3, but the rows of the data table are imported from excel (the number of rows is indetermined), so I can´t set the number of rows of the array.

Is there any way to set the number of rows of the array while running or do I need to think of another solution?