State statistics for population of objects

dadom09

Hello everybody,

Is there any way to collect state statistics for each candidate from population of i.e. vehicles without sub-classing this object?

I have i.e. v1ehicle with a population of 8, I want to have the number of movements for each of this 8 forklifts. Can I do it without subclassing vehicle object or making 8 seperate state statistics elements?

Thanks in advance.

Although anything is possible, for custom states...In short...No...it has to be subclassed....

And Yes custom states are 3 million times better than tallies....

Custom states are a fantastic functionality as it accounts for 100% of time per object instance, and THUS rendering Tallies NULL, VOID, and an outdated technology...It is also more aligned with an object Orientated approach....

With that said, subclassed state statistics is however poorly supported in Simio....

The main thing is trying to get outputs for your custom states as a collective at a facility level...

You will have to create an output element for each state within your custom state list that averages/sums/counts across the population....Glen has provided an excel element import/export functionality to aid this tedious process....

A huge pain but well worth it as what you are trying to achieve reduces code complexity, and dramatically aids in model logic simplification...we have used it and it works like a charm...

Allot of the old guard (specially from an Arena background) will strongly advise you not to use state controlled logic....Yet like Arena.... :wink:

Looking at how the real world operates, all PLCs within electronic devices works with state controlled logic, and should be simulated as such...

Its well worth what you are trying to achieve...