Changing physical position of nodes via procedures

Hello everyone,

This question has probably been answered before but i could not find any post making mention.

I would like to know if it is possible to edit the position (x, y, z) of a given object via some kind of procedure or using some state to govern these values.

Specifically, we would like to assign specific coordinates to nodes in a graph (so we know for example all links are scaled correctly with their size) and we would like to get the positions of the nodes from an external data source (Excel, .txt files).

We would only touch these values at the beginning of the simulation (as initialization).

thanks

• 3 years later...

In addition, we've added the capability to have various Simio objects 'automatically' created in their physical x/y/z locations from data tables. For an example of this, see the SchedulingDiscretePartProduction.spfx example (Support ribbon / Examples) and review the Resources data table. A column of type 'Object Type' of Object Reference specifies the type of object to create. An 'Object Type' column, Resource Name, then uses that 'ObjectType' column as its property ObjectType with the Default Value Instantiation set to 'AutoCreateInstance'. The XLocation / ZLocation columns are then used within the Initial Object Offset properties. Moving the node (or whatever object) within the Facility window then changes the XLocation/ZLocation values. This table automatically generated the Facility window contents.

Hello everyone,

The problem with the "AutoCreateInstance" is that every time that the model starts running all the created objects loose their previously defined properties (Routing Logic, Transport Logic,...).

I would like to keep my created objects and move them with "Relocate Object" in Locations defined by a table (see the attachment https://drive.google.com/file/d/173uwX4MNdCowpNl4J15WSg-4JeosIkMM/view?usp=sharing).

The idea is to insert "RelocateObject" in "OnRunInitialized" add-on process.

How can I replicate the relocation for each row of the table?

How can I link my current objects in the model to the objects in the first column of the table ? (I defined the column type as Object Property)