Opening model made with different license

What happens if a model built with Enterprise-only features is opened with Team Edition? Specifically, I have many states in tables for collecting outputs in my model. Can someone with only Team edition still run the model? Will they get error messages? Will they even be able to open the file?

Thanks!

Adam

Simio models are compatible up and down the product line (except between academic and commercial). In general, when moving to a lower capability product the model will still work, but features may not be visible and/or changeable.

For example:

--When an Enterprise model is run in Team edition, you will not be able to see the logs and Gantt charts.

--When a Design model is run in Express, you can still run the processes, but you will not be able to see or change them.

I don't know the specifics of the table states availability, but I expect that the model will still run fine, but the table states will not be configurable and may possibly not be visible.

Ok, good to know. I’ve come across the Academic/Commercial divide with example models here on the forums, so I wasn’t sure about between other license types.

I have a related feature request: it would be nice to open/run/save a model with a specific license type (“below” the license in use). The example use case is that I am developing a model for a customer who has Team Edition. I have Enterprise Edition, but I want to make sure that I am not using any Enterprise-only features so that I can guarantee full functionality of the model upon delivery.

Thanks!

-Adam