Updating values in Data Tables

MEagar

In Enterprise you can update a table state using an Assign Step.

In other Simio versions you can have a matrix array that is initialized from a table, then use an Assign Step to update the state values that would correspond to a particular cell.

• 1 month later...
In Enterprise you can update a table state using an Assign Step.

In other Simio versions you can have a matrix array that is initialized from a table, then use an Assign Step to update the state values that would correspond to a particular cell.

Could you please be more specific on how to do this workaround for other Simio versions?

To not have three million arrays of different types that need to be correlated with an index, the following is painful yet if you don't have enterprise,

I will pay for a more optimal solution.:

1. create an index as well as your arrays of type string/real/node/etc.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fe86841eab6461715bcb929e82e7cad6.JPG

2. Create a user table of type expression and list the array elements in each column.

Capture1.JPG.5917488746b7fde19addbdd223fcd58b.JPG

You should now be able to assign the imported values during the onRunInitialized process to this grid, change the values during the simulation by means of a search block, as well as specify output Statistic elements to these state variables.

If you want to make this a dynamic array, this will have to be done in the API, else be sure to specify enough array elements.

It seems like allot of work to setup, yet during model creation, working with & cross referencing this table with a search block is well worth it.

What Dave specified is correct and will work well with simplistic logic,

You will however run into problems if you need to find a index/row/object/"array element" in a single array, based on conditional logic that needs to be applied across multiple related before mentioned arrays. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I tried to set up this solution for a particular step in my project :

I have a source having an arrival table built as stated above : each entry of the table is a realState (unit type: Time in seconds).

I tried to update state values during simulation run but it seems that the source or data table stores initial values somewhere in memory and doesn't take into account any modification during simulation run.

Does anybody noticed the same behavior as me? Did I do something wrong ?

Thanks !