Servers - Setting states

GFleurquin

Hi all.

I have not found if we can force a server to shift "off shift" with processes. Actually, depending on some events or on some other processes, I would want to "pause" some servers, even if they could continue to process. For instance, if a server, resource or whatever fails somewhere in the model, I want to shift some of the other server/workstations "off shift" (or "idle", but there is not this state for servers). I suppose so that it is not possible to impose a change of state of servers, workstations etc., but if I am wrong, how could I do?

Thank you!

Guillaume.

I will refer you to the Simio help topics on List States and ResourceState.

The short answer is that Simio automatically maintains the resource state for you and you cannot directly change these autostates (see topics above for elaboration). For example you can not just make a Busy resource become Idle by assigning it's state. But you can take actions to cause a state change. For example if you set a resource capacity to 0 you are forcing it to an Off-Shift state. Or if you execute an Allocate step this could have the result of changing it to a Busy state.