Search step in combination with Worker pools

adrianloetscher

Hi,

I have some trouble in using the search step in combination with Worker instances. If I use the search step to search for Worker populations (Worker instances that I have placed into the model), I don't get the whole populations, but the single Workers inside the population. How would I use the search step to get only the reference to the population, but not to the single Workers inside the population?

Thank you for any help.

Adrian.

I don't think you can, not in the way you're thinking.

However, you could use the search step with a limit of infinity to get separate tokens for every worker of the population.

Alternatively, once you are associated with a worker, you can simply use something along the lines of 'Worker.Population....' to get the population functions. You don't even need the search step for this -- if you know the population you are searching, you can directly reference these functions with 'WorkerInstance.Population...'

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help, which was useful.

I have now the following approach to dynamically get a WorkerPool using a Search-Step.

The first step was to build a new object definition "WorkerPool", which has as its only member a Worker.

The second step was then to place six instances of this "WorkerPool" class into the main model and to add all this WorkerPool-instances into a List of objects named "WorkerPoolList".

Finally, in the search step, I am searching through the WorkerPoolList for a specific instance of a WorkerPool. As the WorkerPool now is an object and not a Worker, the search step returns only the object.

356068899_Bild1.png.f95281bba62d75a34eeacf532c2f76b7.png

472169665_Bild2.png.99a971d78832868fb9dc23b5a0c24164.png