Vertical movement with a Vehicle

CarelL

I would like to model a vehicle that moves vertically alongside racking and then enters a certain rack lane and transfers a pallet.

I saw the examples in the crane library and thought the lift properties would be what I am after.

Though I am struggling to sub class or build a new vehicle class which includes the lift functionality to be able to move vertically.

Please have a look at my model which includes the lift and also a normal vehicle.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Transporter_Racking_example.spfx

The nodes are already in vertical alignment and the transporter follows the path.

My problem is that the vehicle must visually move up without changing position. It must work like a lift going up or down. Similarly to mole racking. A car must transfer the pallets up to a rack lane and then drive into that particular lane.

Okay, cant open your model but I will try to explain....

Insert a Node on the floor where the vehicle is at the bottom of the lift....pos A -> f(x|y|z) = f(0,0,0)...

Put an additional node at floor/Level 1...pos B -> f(x|y|z)=f(0,1,0)...

and...

Option 1: connect with a path where along vehicle can travel; in the vertical....

Option 2 : use a transfer block to move transporter between nodes....

Every time you direct the transporter to the destination node which is pos B...it will travel horizontally to pos A and then vertically to pos B...

Use the shift->up key as a shortcut....This works....

I have put the nodes vertically above each other, so i think the xyz values are already what they should be.

When the vehicle move up and down these nodes the vehicle changes to an upright position when traveling up to a rack/node. This however is not what i want.

What I want to achieve is to keep the vehicle in a flat position as if it is standing and only the height changes.

It then functions as Mole pallet vehicle

Am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...

I still need suggestions on the logic for a vehicle to travel upwards to a rack and also downwards.

Can this be done?

I am looking for similar functions to the crane library lift function but I struggle to implement this with a vehicle since the crane objects depend on each other.

Please assist or advise.