Vehicle drop-off step

fsy5393

Hello,

Currently I am modeling a simple logistics network, I used nodes to represent locations in the network. The transfer between the nodes is performed by vehicles. When entities enter a node, there are user defined processes in order to update Model Entity state variables. However, I get an error when the entity state variables are updated saying that there is a mismatch in the type; the expected type is still a transporter. I used a Drop-off step before the Assign step, but when the transporter rides more than one entity, this solution did not help. Do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem? When a transporter enters its destination node, doesn't it automatically drop-off all the entities that are riding with it?

Thank you,

Selin

I'm assuming you're using the add-on process 'OnEntered' at the node. Keep in mind that not only do entities enter the node (when they arrive and when they are dropped off), but so do the vehicles when they arrive to pick up an entity. Because of this, it sounds to me like your process is being run whenever an entity enters the node as well when a vehicle.

Try using a 'decide' step with something like 'Entity.Is.ModelEntity' or '! Entity.Is.Vehicle' to make sure that only your modelEntities run through the process. Force the process to run through the false branch (with nothing on it) when the associated object is a vehicle.