Queueing up on a TimePath?

mmashaie

Hi,

Is it possible to have entities queue up on a TimePath? I am able to make them queue up on a Path, but when I change a Path to a TimePath, instead of having entities queue up, they simply "merge" into each other, so physically it looks like there are no entities in the queue, but I know there are since I have a floor label with TimePath1.NumberTravelers.Accumulated that lets me know how many people have queued up.

Thanks.

Maryam

No, as if entities could physically queue, they would no longer have a travel time equal to the input. The definition of a timepath is that when an entity enters, it takes a set amount of time to reach the end.

A way to achieve what you want would be to subclass the path, add a new property called 'travel time', hide the speed limit property, and change the logic to use this travel time property for setting the entities movement.rate rather than using the entities desired speed combined with the paths speed limit. Just as before, set passing to 'false'.

Alternatively, try animating the queue of entities attempting to enter the node/path/station after the timepath to visualise the queue.