Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

vdegast

How do I model a tank with a fluid?

Hi,

I'm trying to model a tank that contains a fluid, say, water. The amount of water in the tank should increase continually by 30 litres per hour. When the tank contains 1000 litres, some vehicle should be requested to transport 800 litres of water to someplace else.

I figured that a level state can be used to represent the volume of water in the tank, with a rate of 30 (per hour?). However, I couldn't figure out the following things:

- Which object from the library should I use to represent the tank?

- How do I trigger the request of the vehicle (multiple times, as the process will continue after the first arrival)?

- Is it possible to animate the tank? I tried to make the height of an object dependent on the value of Volume, but the program didn't let me do this.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper Kisjes

I am trying to model the same. But I can´t understan how to represent a variable, there are many definitions like states, rates, that I can´t undertand how works.

I have created a process loop updating tank level each hour, but I don´t know how to represent the variable

We now have a SimBit called SimpleTank that demonstrates an approach to model this.

The basic concepts are:

A Level State called TankVolume tracks the amount in the tank.

Two Monitor elements are defined that detect when the tank is full (1000) and empty (0).

In the Process window, two processes are defined to set the rate of change to +1000/hour when tank is empty and -5000 when tank is full.

The Facility window contains a plot that tracks the tank volume and current fill rate and a symbol that animates the changing levels. See the SimBit's associated documentation for details on how to recreate this or find that information in Help by searching for 'Tank'.