Simio Forum
Nadine

Decision by Condition

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

Hello,

i want to make a decision by condition. I have four different types of Entities (A, B, C, D). Entity D should pass through a different way than the other three entities. I've selected 'By Link Weight' whithin the outbound link rule of the node. But now I don't know how I must express the selection weight of the paths. Entity A, B, C should pass through path 1, entity D through path 2. Could you please help me?

Thanks, Nadine

easiest way might be giving a different priority to each one of your entities, and create a condition on each link to match that priority

So, on the link, you'll have a Link Weight with an expression like this: ModelEntity.Priority == X, being X the priority given to each different entitiy.

Two other approaches:

1) [b]Use "Is" keyword[/b] to decide by instance name. So if you have placed 4 instances of ModelEntity named PartA, PartB, PartC, and PartD, you can use "Is.PartA" or "!Is.PartA" in a decision or expression.

2) [b]Use Networks[/b]. Assign the first three part types to follow NetworkA and the 4th part to follow NetworkB. Then only put the allowed travel links in each network. This way you never enter any specific logic to dictate travel, it just happens as a result of the network constraints.