Simio Forum

Hi Everyone,

I am having another trouble right now. It is about a combiner. I have a line which I have to combine 3 parts. One is parent but the other 2 must be member. It is the normal procedure. But the tricky part starts. Since one of my line is really slow the other must wait for the other part to come. But it is just taking the which two comes first. I tried to make it with matching rule but I couldn't find a way. The way I tried was if I can make the priorities of the coming entities like 1-2-1-2 for the first entity and for the secound again 1-2-1-2 then I can say to the matching rule to choose with the same priorities then maybe that can work. But I could'nt make their priorities to come like that. The other way can be to say 1 from entity1 and 2 from entity 2 (as an example) can be another solution. But the problem is how to make that happen.

Thanks

I would suggest creating a new state on your entities something like GroupNumber. And you might need states on your model to also keep track of the maximum GroupNumber by part (for example MaxGroupNumberPartA and MaxGroupNumberPartA). Then, either on creation or on the node unique to each part just previous to the combiner, you would have an assignment like:

MaxGroupNumberPartA = MaxGroupNumberPartA + 1

ModelEntity.GroupNumber = MaxGroupNumberPartA

In your Combiner just match entities based on GroupNumber and you should get exactly one of each type.