Simio Forum

newworkstation.spfx

Hi everyone,

I am trying to change my workstation so that I can add as many processes as I want to the secondary resources section also so that while my machine is for example extruding a part and if I require a worker at the extruding part only ( not setup, processing etc. ) I want to choose it from there so the object will know when to call a worker. I am attaching my first try but also here I could'nt make it work with the times too. And I made almost everything same with processing part so it must work . I am attaching it so that maybe you can tell me what is my problem and how to solve it..

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I think the issue is with your subclassed activities and operations. There's a new activity called 'loaded' but this activity hasn't been added to the operation element.

The new workstation starts activities 4 times, but there's only 3 activities that it actually uses -- setup, processing, and teardown. When your workstation attempts to start the 4th activity it 'fails' as there are no more activities in the operation.

That would be tedious. No, I am saying that of the three built-in ways of duplicating an existing object, choose Copy From Library.

CopyFromLibrary.PNG.da44b7c554ed53cada60d8e9564250a5.PNG

The main downside of this if that if we make changes to the object in the future your new object cannot be automatically updated because from Simio's perspective it is a totally different object with no relationship to the original. So you now "own" it and are 100% responsible for its maintenance.