Senior Industrial Engineer - Simulation
Req #: 67308BR York, Pennsylvania, United States Engineering & Technology Platforms & Services Posted on:03/29/2021
Full-Time / Part-Time
Clearance Level - Must Currently Possess
ITAR: U.S Citizen or Green Card Required
Clearance Level - Must Be Able to Obtain
Job Description What motivates you? If the answer is a position where you can develop your skills and earn opportunities for advancement while being part of a forward looking team then this is what awaits you in a career at BAE Systems. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced combat vehicle systems. From the M109A7 Mobile Howitzer with its long range firepower to the Amphibious Combat Vehicle that transports America’s Marines from ship to shore, we are developing the technology of tomorrow while delivering the most cutting-edge equipment available today. Our flexible work environment provides every opportunity to positively impact the company without giving up your personal life and we welcome all those who understand the importance of improving production velocity, having big ideas, and craving innovation. We draw strength from our diversity and always put our customers first through an unwavering commitment to bring the warfighter home safe. Does this sound like a team you want to be a part of? If so, come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Combat Vehicles line of business within the Platforms & Services (P&S) Sector of BAE Systems is looking for a self-motivated Senior Industrial Engineer to support the production scheduling of armored military vehicles. Working as a team member of a larger Industrial Engineering Group, this Engineer will be required to build and maintain simulations for varied fabrication, assembly, and testing processes. The candidate must also be comfortable with soliciting input through face to face interaction and, in general, must demonstrate that they possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills that will support individual and team growth. A strong background in discrete event simulation, specifically with the use of SIMIO, is necessary.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Complete simulation support activities such as time studies, production line balancing and production metric development
· Evaluate complex Technical Data Packages (Drawings, Bills of Material) and be able to understand how a component or vehicle is assembled
· Utilize a strong understanding of integration activities like implementation of standard work, material kitting, metric tracking, and process improvement to advance manufacturing methods.
· Work on the manufacturing floor with other Engineering disciplines, production supervisors, and employees that directly interact with the components or vehicles being produced.
Internal and External Customer Relationships
· Engage in regular communications with production support, planning, logistics, quality, manufacturing supervisors, and direct labor workforce to assess operations performance.
· Summarize and present findings to internal customers to gain buy-in for improvement efforts
· Discuss the status of metrics and key performance indicators with appropriate decision makers
· Work with Industrial Engineering leadership to understand the expectations of new Engineer within the organization and company
· Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor
· Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills - 4+ years of simulation experience within SIMIO
- BS degree from an accredited university Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Demonstrated capability with the use and application of SIMIO discrete event simulation software. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Jenny Ridings, PHR Principal Talent Acquisition Specialist
My pronouns are she / her
M: +1 904 570 2489 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org https://jobs.baesystems.com
Connect with BAE Systems:
Join our talent community!