Simio
  • Vehicle with Driver

• Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
 #7562  by dsturrock
 Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 am
People often want to model two or more vehicles or entities moving together. There are a few components to this:
1) Seizing the resource appropriately - can be done in processes, but often best done within the vehicle object to make the modeling easier. Here, a vehicle has 4 properties added to support use of an operator.
VehicleWithDriver3.PNG
VehicleWithDriver3.PNG (34.21 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
2) Animating them moving together - the picture below shows use of a second queue animated on the custom vehicle.
3) In some cases, you also need the "driver" to be shown moving. The Attached Animation Speed illustrated below, accomplishes that.
VehicleWithDriver1.PNG
VehicleWithDriver1.PNG (118 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
I have attached a model that uses a custom vehicle object to model a wheelchair which is "driven" (pushed) by a person to pick up a patient.
VehicleWithDriver2.PNG
VehicleWithDriver2.PNG (228.04 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
(7.09 MiB) Downloaded 411 times
You could use the same approch, possibly with just animation changes, to model something like a truck or forklift that requires a driver.
In fact, I just added a second model to that same project that illustrates use in manufacturing (e.g. a lift truck and driver).
This was saved in 10.168. Look for 2nd model.
(12.81 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
 #7572  by jzhou
 Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm
awesome!
 #8996  by dsturrock
 Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am
I just added a second model to that same project (see end of main post above) that illustrates use in manufacturing (e.g. a lift truck and driver).
 #9115  by mbadawy
 Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:38 pm
i was wondering if VechilceX1 could carry different objects.
For example carry driver (worker1), the paramedic (worker2) and patient(ModelEntity) from an accident.

Can they all be bunched up on VX1 and sent on to where ever I need them? If thats not possible, what would be the way to implement that?
 #9144  by dsturrock
 Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:18 pm
In the manufacturing example you can see that the vehicle sometimes carries 2 packages from the conveyor. Use the same technique.