Attached is an add-in that will append data from a CSV file into a Simio Table. Both the DLL and code are provided.
To run with the DLL, complete the following steps:
1. Download AppendTablesDLL.zip and extract AppendTables.dll.
2. Right click DLL and unblock.
3. Place DLL into C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\SimioUserExtensions
4. Open Simio and create New Model
5. Select "Data" tab and run "Add Scheduling List and Tables" button under the Scheduling group....This will create 7 scheduling tables.
6. Next, select the "Append Tables" button under the Scheduling group...When prompted, select "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Simio\Examples\DiscretePartProductionFiles\Materials.csv".
7. Select Materials table...5 materials should be imported.
8. If you run the "AppendTables" again, the data will be updated...The add-in will append the table based on Material Name...It will not clear tables and add rows. The add-in will use the first column name in the file as the key and tries to find a matching column name in the table. If there is a match, the match will be used as the key. If the row already exists in the table, it will be updated.
NOTE: This add-in also handle multiple files at a time. When prompted to select a file, choose multiple files. The import will assume the file name (excluding the extension) is the same name as the table.
Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
1 post • Page 1 of 1