worker is not repairing workstation

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
bogeychan

worker is not repairing workstation

Post by bogeychan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi,
I am having an issue relating to seizing a worker.
I have workstation which seizes the worker whilst the part is processing and releases it when it is completed. However, the machine also fails with an exponential time and the same worker is needed to repair the machine. As the machine breaks down whilst the part is still processing (worker is still seized to the machine), I am unable to get my model to seize the worker for the repair and thus the repairs are never completed.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance!

gocken

Re: worker is not repairing workstation

Post by gocken » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:50 am

define a "failed" add-on process for workstation where you should release the worker and then again make it seized by workstation to repair it. then you should define a "repaired" add-on process where you should first release and then seize the same worker to finish his umcompleted job.