Transfer time & uterlisation between two servers

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
martincrisford

Transfer time & uterlisation between two servers

Post by martincrisford » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 am

Hello Simio Forum.

I’m just starting a model which, for me, is a little unique as I have only used servers in a task capacity through steps.

The new liquid ink model consists of 4 lines with each line made up of 3 steps each having a volume of 3.5 tonnes.
1. PreMix
2. Mill with a recirc tank
3. PostBlend
I do not seem to be able to model this using servers because I cannot represent the transfer time of product occupancy between steps. I need this to show utilisation/uptime of the steps.

But when I look at using "Flow" tanks I cant add the process tasks the same as servers (rows) i.e. gather weigh, milling time, QC etc.. Plus will need to add/link worker steps.

Is there a middle ground between servers & tanks?

Thanks
Martin

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: Transfer time & uterlisation between two servers

Post by dsturrock » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:27 am

Perhaps a middle ground is to use a Server with Task Sequences and then for the tasks you might consider a Process Type of Submodel.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC