Search Members of a Combiner

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
chronius

Search Members of a Combiner

Post by chronius » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 am

Hello,

I'm trying to search the MemberInputBuffer.Contents of a Combiner object, but I could not find a way to do that.

On the Process Combiner1_MemberEntered

Begin->End_transfer->Search

Search
CollectionType: QueueState
Queue State Name: MemberInput@Combiner1.EntryQueue
Match Condition: ModelEntity.Priority == Candidate.ModelEntity.Priority.

Using the Watch, I know that the entities are in MemberInputBuffer.Contents.

How can I search the members of a Combiner? I need to know how many entities with the same priority exists in the Combiner.

Thanks.

agraunke

Re: Search Members of a Combiner

Post by agraunke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:19 pm

I think the queue state name expression you are looking for is something like "Combiner1.MemberInputBuffer.Contents" (where Combiner1 is the instance name of the combiner you are interested in). The MemberInput@Combiner1.EntryQueue that you were referring to is the member input node (indicated by the @ symbol). Setting up the search step for queues can be tricky, as the queue selection drop down doesn't include all available queues (whether they are associated with a station or a storage element)-- you'll have to manually type the expression in, rather than looking for it to select.

Perhaps someone from Simio can chime in on what queues are shown in the dropdown and/or why?

-Adam