Time dependent routing sequence

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
dsroelofsen

Time dependent routing sequence

Post by dsroelofsen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:31 am

Hi guys,

I'm modeling a transportation network, where a disruption occurs. During the time of the disruption, vehicles will use a different route, but as soon as the disruption is cleared, vehicles will follow the original route again.

I managed to model both seperate routes, that is vehicles taking the original route and vehicles taking the detour route. However, now I want to combine these two, depending on the current time. For instance, from t=0, vehicles traverse the original route. At t=10, a disruption occurs somewhere along the original route, and the detour comes into place. Vehicles traverse the detour route from t=10 up to the moment the disruption is cleared, say t=20. From t=20 on, the original route is traversed again.

I would say the easiest solution would be with a decide process somewhere, where the routing sequence is defined. So something like Run.TimeNow < 10, true --> Route sequence = Original Route. Run.TimeNow <20, true --> Route sequence = Detour Route. False, Route sequence = Original Route.

However, the problem with this approach is that I cannot define the route sequence by means of an expression or process, but I have to select a static route from a list.

Does anybody have a clue how to model this? Thanks in advance!