Simio
  • Assembly Line Modeling

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #6572  by rhamzei
 Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 pm
I want to simulate a solar panel assembly line in simio which produce 2 models, one panel with 72 cell one with 48 cells or A and B model
something like this: http://www.asectw.com/Images/flow1.jpg
1- A source provide cells and send it to server ti test it. After testing each cell, it must be transferred to next station(maybe a combiner or workstation, I do not know!)
2- In combiner, cells are roibboned and must be sent to next workstation
3- this station include 2 combiners, cells must be welded in rows of 12 for model or 8 rows for model B in each combiner(maybe batching in a combiner)
4- in a combiner station, 6 serries of welded cells must be laid up on a glass and send next
5- rows must be welded to prepare a panel
initial model in SIMIO: http://dibadata.com/uploads/solar.rar
I have some questions:
1- best choices for any workstation ( server, combiner, workstation), Is my model is the best?
2- how can I set some constraints( test cells and keep them till each of two combiners use their 72 or 48 batch and send their capacity to next station o send tested cells to server, when it could finish welding of desired number of cells)
3- how can I create a model to produce 50 from model A and 70 from model B per week with hrs/day?

can you provide me a simple example containing these features or explain how can I imporove initial model I have mentioned?