Simio
  • Model speed for high speed processing lines

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #4661  by rabijlsma
 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:48 am
I am currently testing SIMIO's capability to model high speed processing lines, with regards to execution speed. I am encountering some interesting results.

When running at a linespeed of 400 units/min, I have run my model in both fast forward animation mode, and experiment mode. Here are the results:

Fast forward animation mode: Model runs 450 times faster than real time
Experimentation mode: Model runs 520 times faster than real time

I am extremely pleased with these initial results, as the Fast Forward Animation allows me to quickly go to the point in time I am interested in, and then pause and animate from there onwards!
I am curious though why in experimentation mode, the model does not go a lot faster. It runs a bit faster, but I was expecting more compared to the other!

These initial results however are quite promising!

Keep up the good work!