Summary of the Problem:
We will be evaluating a new airport service combining free parking with a car rental service. We need to evaluate the logistics and economics of the idea to ensure that it is a good investment.
The judging was based on:
- Quality/clarity of the presentation
- Analysis/use of input data
- Modeling detail/approach
- Model internal documentation
- Verification and Validation
- Quality of animation
- Experimentation/exploration of alternatives
- Analysis of results
- Quality of the recommendations
- Overall quality of the project and Executive Summary
For more detail, see the Contest Judging Criteria.
The judging panel consisted of judges from leading universities from United States, Japan, and Sweden, a commercial consulting firm and Simio employees. Simio identified the Top 8 then the external judges ranked the Top 8 based off the above criteria.
First Place - Cowboy Nation Simulation Team
Oklahoma State University
Second Place - Pitt IE 14 Team
University of Pittsburgh
Third - ESEN HAF Team
Escuela Superior de Economía y Negocios (ESEN)
Top 8 & Honorable Mention