Do we need another simulation product?

Talk about anything and everything Simio. To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files, so we recommend that more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums.
Simio Team Member

Do we need another simulation product?

Postby dsturrock » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 am

With over 100 simulation products available, I must admit that I cringe each time I hear of another one. The market is already quite crowded with discrete event simulation, process simulation, agent-based modeling, manufacturing simulation, and the list goes on. And it is so hard to break into the market with a product that is “just a little bit better” that it is probably not worth the effort.

Unfortunately the industry has not been moving forward much. Life has not been kind to the “big guys” like Arena, AutoMod, Promodel, Witness, and emPlant. Corporate acquisitions, restructures, and divestitures have sucked much of the life out of them. And they are largely stuck with old technology which severely limits their progress.

The somewhat newer, lower-priced products try to establish a market niche with more limited functionality or flexibility but they still have the same problems – it is very tough to create a simulation product that maintains the flexibility to solve real problems without giving up ease-of-use. And who wants to pay the price of writing in C code in order to get the ease of use promised by objects?

Simio is changing the simulation market.

We have made some major breakthroughs which will significantly extend the effective domain of simulation applications. Breakthroughs in ease-of-use, flexibility, the effective use of objects, data analysis, and execution speed.

Why not see for yourself? With our "satisfaction or your money back" guarantee you can try Simio risk free.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

Return to “Discussions”