Simio
  • Rename Objects Add-In

• Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
 #7893  by gtwirth
 Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 am
Here is an add-in that will rename the objects in your model based on values in a table.

The first time you run the add-in, it will create a table called "Object Name Change".
RenameObject_Table.png
RenameObject_Table.png (70.97 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
The uses will add the existing object name(s) and the new object name(s). Once done, run the add-in again and the object names will be changed in the model.
RenameObject_Results.png
RenameObject_Results.png (110.41 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
To install, download the "RenameObjectsDLL.zip". Extract the "RenameObject.dll". Right click DLL and select Properties and then Unblock. Then, copy DLL into "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\SimioUserExtensions". You might need to add the SimioUserExtensions folder under MyDocuments (C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents) if it does not already exist.

The c# code is also provided in the RenameObjectsCode.zip
Attachments
(43.91 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
(60.6 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
 #8719  by hofmeyrj
 Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:09 am
I tried using this Add-in to change the names of 533 Nodes in my network.
After I filled the table and re-ran the add-in again a notification come up stating that "Number of objects updated = 533"; however, when I looked in the facility view the node names did not change.

Is there some other way for me to use this add-in to quickly change the names of 500+ nodes?

Thank you