count entities

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
Mgeorgia

count entities

Post by Mgeorgia » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 am

hello!!!
i would like to count the entities that are entered in a server!! how can i fix it??
( i have posted in welcome forum by misstake)

thank u in advance

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: count entities

Post by dsturrock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 am

In the Results -> Pivot Grid under Server you will see several Throughput Categories that each have NumberEntered and NumberExited.
ServerStatistics.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

Mgeorgia

Post by Mgeorgia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 am

thank u very much about your answer. however, i would like to have a status label to count each time an entity enters a server. is there that possibility???

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Sure.

Finding the data you want in the pivot chart (see red circle) is one good way of figuring out what function value you want to use. For many functions, the Object Name, Data Source, and Data Item in the pivot table define the expression to use in Simio.
In this case it would be: Server1.Processing.NumberEntered.

Of course you could also just use the expression builder and read the help on each pull-down item until you find what you are looking for.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

Mgeorgia

Post by Mgeorgia » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 am

my problem is solved. thank u again about your help.!!

Danielcox

Post by Danielcox » Thu May 26, 2016 3:07 pm

HI every one. i´m trying to do a reset of the value that displayed in the "statuslabel" that i have assigned to a Source. This label have the expression: "OutputBuffer.NumberExited". So, when i start my simulatión I did diferent amounts of through the time. For this reason i´m searching how can i see dinamically the quantity of entites they have exited of the source in diferent intervals of times. as an example, my first interval of arrivals it´s between 00:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m., for this a section of time i wanted see the results in a display facility or in a report of total amount of entities arrival in this interval. And, in the next interval horary the next total amount and so on

Thanks So much

Rewars..

gocken

Post by gocken » Thu May 26, 2016 3:37 pm

you should use a timer element (it can be triggered once every two hours or any other time interval you determined) or an add-on process (wherever it is appropriate) which triggers a process (create a new process) which includes some assignments. You should assign StaCurrentValue (current value of the statistic you collect) to a new state variable let it call StaPeriodicValue (the state variable that is shown in status label)-->in an assign step StaPeriodicValue=StaCurrentValue...

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Thu May 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Look at the SimBit named HourlyStatistic
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

gocken

Post by gocken » Fri May 27, 2016 5:25 am

Dave is right, the HourlyStatistics simbit includes the logic what u want.
I realised that I have missed some assignments. see the attached file under "SI General Discussions" title of the forum for what u want.

http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316