Entities Problem

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
hgserrano

Entities Problem

Post by hgserrano » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 am

I have created a Customer Data with different types of Model Entitites, defining the mix on each one of them. Once the model is running, a message appears saying "The maximun number in system limit for objects of [name of the model] has been exceeded. A possible cause is that the Maximun Number In System has too small of a value". However, I haven´t set any kind of property for the object.

Does anyone know how can I solve this?

Thank you!

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: Entities Problem

Post by dsturrock » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Yes, on the ModelEntity, under the Population category you will find the property Maximum Number In System.

This exists because a common error is to allow entity creation to go wild (via an uncontrolled creation loop or an unbalanced system, for example). Since Simio has no limits, if this is allowed to happen you would run out of memory and possibly lose your model. So instead we allow you to set this number to anything that is reasonable in your model.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

hgserrano

Post by hgserrano » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 am

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I needed!

mrezaei1

Post by mrezaei1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi,
I would like to create new entities once certain number of entities has left the system. Also, I want the simulation time to be reset. How can I do these two things?
P.S. my entities arrive based on arrival table.
Thanks,
Manely