Minimum Hardware Requirements
• 1 GHz or faster processor
• 1 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
• Available hard drive space of 500 MB minimum for installation
• 1,024x768 display (higher resolution recommended)
• A 16-bit graphics card with 128 MB compatible with DirectX ver. 9
• Internet connection required for online services
If you are using an existing system, then the above guidelines should provide acceptable performance. If the system falls short in memory or graphics, note that memory is often fairly inexpensive. Most systems with inadequate memory can be easily and inexpensively upgraded. Likewise graphics cards are also fairly inexpensive.
If you are buying a new system, we recommend:
• Multiple processors because Simio takes full advantage of multiple processors (e.g. hyper-threaded quad core will run 8 concurrent replications).
• A higher than standard screen resolution, perhaps 23” or larger, at least 1920x1200 resolution, and perhaps even a second or third monitor – Simio takes full advantage of higher resolution and multiple monitors.
• A 64 bit OS with 16G or more of memory will allow plenty of space to run very large models.
• Microsoft® Windows® Vista® with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows 7 SP 1 or later, or Windows 8 or later (Windows 10, 10.1, ...). Both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems are fully supported and included with the install.
Apple products like Mac are not officially supported, but many customers have had good results using Parallels or similar products.
Simio does work on a Surface Pro as long as the OS is standard Windows 8 not Windows 8 RT. Simio does offer touch screen support.
Learn more about the Simio product line.
1 post • Page 1 of 1