Import Objects From Spreadsheet

Do you have objects, models, libraries, path decorators, textures, symbols, custom API code, documentation, or anything else others might find useful? Please attach it here with a brief description.
willem

Re: Import Objects And Links From Spreadsheet

Post by willem » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 am

Not sure about the last 2 questions, but you have to copy the .dll files into the "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\SimioUserExtensions" on you computer for the add-ins to appear in Simio. Also be sure to close and reopen Simio.

Ps. Simio is not a spelling mistake Simio Forum Spell Checker!

liyunjun

Post by liyunjun » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

I hope it is available to import following information in the future :D :
1. "Lock Edits" property of model graphics.
2. The "Queue" animation of Station or Storage, even including "Alignment" and "Vertices" properties.

mjansen

Post by mjansen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:23 am

Hi Glen,

I ran into a modelling challenge where i have to build a network based upon user input.

First i was planning to create complete graph(fully connected)in simio and using input to activate/deactivate nodes and links. ( But i wasnt looking forward to creating this graph( around 20 nodes and 20*19 edges))

Then i ran into this add-in. This seems like a way more elegant way to solve this! Getting it working was surprisingly easy!

I only have one issue, i need the object to be automatically imported upon opening the model( so without the need to click "Load Objects and Links from an external spreadsheet" ). Since opening and and running the model is done through the api in the solution that i am trying to build.

I was thinking that it could be possible to create a custom step to call the loading of the object and links, but i guess it wouldn't be possible to add these types of objects to a already running model.

Could you advice me on the best way to achieve this? Any help/input is greatly appreciated!

gtwirth
Simio Team Member

Post by gtwirth » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:37 am

If you are running an experiment of the model through the api, you can add the nodes and links to the model right before the experiment is run.

You just need to add your code for adding nodes and links to the following example.

http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=836

Adding nodes and links using steps will not work. The nodes and links need to be added during design time. They cannot be added during runtime.
Glen Wirth
Simio LLC

vhgreeff

Post by vhgreeff » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi guys,

Great add in!

Is it possible to define the add-on processes for servers, links etc. using this addin? That is, would it be possible to a few columns with Add-on processes as headings, lets say "Add on process: When entering" and then have "KeepEntityUntilX" as a process?

Thanks.

gtwirth
Simio Team Member

Post by gtwirth » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Add-On Process Triggers can be defined using the spreadsheet as well. Just change / add a column in the spreadsheet with the first row referencing the add-on process trigger property name on the object. Then, add the add-on process trigger name to the appropriate row in the spreadsheet.

In the attached example, I changed the name of "PropertyA" in the Objects1 sheet to "ProcessingAddOnProcess". I then added "Server1_Processing" to the row hat references Server1 (e.g. "Server1_Processing"). Once imported, Server1 has a add-on process trigger to the "Server1_Processing" process.
Attachments
ImportObjectsLinksVertices_WithProcess.xlsx
(12.83 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Glen Wirth
Simio LLC

TobiasS

Post by TobiasS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:08 am

Hi Glen,

great Add-In!

I ran into a small problem however: I would like to set the physical location of the Input & Output Nodes of a custom object of mine.
Such as..
Object Class|ObjectName|X|Y
TransferNode|Output@MyObject|5|10
BasicNode|Input@MyObject|6|10

Links are set perfectly to the objects, but I cant change their location.- They will jsut remain in place.

Any tips on that?

Best Regards

tulach

Post by tulach » Wed May 18, 2016 5:47 am

Hi Glen,

I used the plugin to import some hundreds of objects and it was too slow and frequently made SIMIO unresponding.
I used our programmers to change the logic of plugin (problem was frequent comunication between Excel and SIMIO, so they used an array or so instead)
and we added small lag between inserting objects (something like math.epsilon in simio) to preven freezing.
And a new progressbar, that will not leave the user in darkness about whats going on.

Feel free to use it.
ImportObjectsAndLinksFromSpreadsheetLOGIO.rar
(33.32 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Petr Tulach

LOGIO, Czech Republic

JWolski

Post by JWolski » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am

Petr,

I tried out your updated version, as I had used Glen's original in the past. There is definitely a speed boost with this version. My "test" import file is the 25 X 25 grid attached (625 BasicNode and 1200 Path Objects.) On my old laptop this imports in about 60 seconds.

I noticed that the progress bar works great for the Objects sheet, however it does not appear to update when the Links are imported. The progress remains at 0 while the links are imported, though the routine works and I see the dialogue at the end with no errors. The nodes only take about 10 seconds to import and the links constitute the remaining ~ 50 seconds. I tried turning off visibility of the links/arrows, but this made no difference. I haven’t tried vertices yet.

Also, note that I had to re-build the add-in in Visual Studio, as I seem to have an issue with adding add-in .dll's from an outside source to my ..\SimioUserExtensions directory. Hopefully I did not break the application in the process.

Thank you very much - this is very useful!
Attachments
25 X 25 Grid Import.xlsx
(63.32 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

AubinMacquart

Re: Import Objects From Spreadsheet

Post by AubinMacquart » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Petr and Glen,

I have been trying to use both your add-ins. However, I continuously receive the same error message when importing the 'ImportObjectsLinksVertices.xlsx' spreadsheet (see picture below). Does one of you know how this can be fixed?

Kind regards,
Aubin Macquart
Attachments
error.png
error.png (43.05 KiB) Viewed 2272 times

notlad1

Re: Import Objects From Spreadsheet

Post by notlad1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

AubinMacquart wrote:Hi Petr and Glen,

I have been trying to use both your add-ins. However, I continuously receive the same error message when importing the 'ImportObjectsLinksVertices.xlsx' spreadsheet (see picture below). Does one of you know how this can be fixed?

Kind regards,
Aubin Macquart
I am having the same issue, it may not be supported on the most recent sprints?