Creating simulation model of multistory hospital

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
AvinashPatel

Creating simulation model of multistory hospital

Post by AvinashPatel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 am

Hi,

I want to create a simulation model of multistory hospital. I am able to put servers, sources at a height above the ground level. But I don't know how to make the drawing of floors? I tried to create a rectangle but did not find any option to put the rectangle to some height above ground level. Also how to out symbols like bed, table at some height above ground?

willem

Re: Creating simulation model of multistory hospital

Post by willem » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:02 am

Hi,

Switch to 3D mode by pressing 3, and the hold shift to move objects up and down.

JBeltran

Post by JBeltran » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:24 am

Good luck AvinashPatel!

Movement of drawings are not properly managed, it's enterely done "by hand" as stated by willem, you try-and-error to place them at the precise height but you will give up after some time.

My advice: place a "dumb" element like a resource and declare the drawing as being its symbol.

This way, you will succeed at placing it at a precise height by entering its coordinates.

Btw, don't forget to place it some milimeters down the level where you want to place nodes and links, otherwise you won't be able to click on the latter.

Last but not least : ensure your drawing is completely "flat" -- many 3D architechtural packages export to a 2D dwg with some "remains" of data on the Y axis that Simio recognizes....so instead of importing a "layer" you are importing a "cube" .... very difficult to handle then.

Cheers,
Joaquim BELTRAN PEREZ
j.beltranperez@avantsim.com

AvinashPatel

Post by AvinashPatel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:43 am

Thank you willem and Jbeltran.
I am able to move objects at approximate heights now. For exact heights, assigning it as symbol is a good idea.
Another way which I am thinking of is first make the model with only objects (servers, sources and all in simio by giving them exact heights, without any figures of floors and building) and then to build an exact structure of building with all the floors (with precise design, curves, windows everything) in some other software like Autodesk/SolidWorks and importing the building figure as symbol to complete our model IN THE END.
But initially working with approximate heights will help in making 3D model.