Time TransferNode is occupied

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
simiouser1

Time TransferNode is occupied

Post by simiouser1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:19 am

Maybe it's something trivial, but I want to know, a much time a transfernode is occupied by an entity, I've modeled a simple model, where the entities, wait in a transfer node until a station turns free.

ptkolodziejczyk

Re: Time TransferNode is occupied

Post by ptkolodziejczyk » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 am

To know the exact times for individual entities you need to define state variables within you entity and compare the time between OnEntered and OnExited events.

If you want to know general statistics of all you entities you should use a Tally Statistics. Then you also measure waiting time OnExited as:

Code: Select all

TimeNow - ModelEntity.TimeEnteredNode
Paweł Kołodziejczyk | Systems Navigator

simiouser1

Post by simiouser1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 am

No, I just only want to know the complete time of a transfernode has been occupied.

I've been trying but I don't know how to see the time. If you could give me another clue I would appreciate it

ptkolodziejczyk

Post by ptkolodziejczyk » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am

You can create a list state with 2 values: occupied or empty. Then every time an entity enters you set to occupied and when it leaves you check if it is the last entity and if so then set it to empty. The rest is taken for you and you can access percentage or total times easily.

Otherwise, you need to have 3 global variables, call them Sum, Aux (both Real) and and Occupied (Boolean) to keep track if occupied.
Then:
OnEntered: If not Occupied then Aux = TimeNow, Occupied = True.
OnExited: If Node.NumberTravelers == 0, then Sum = Sum + Aux - TimeNow, Occupied = False.
Paweł Kołodziejczyk | Systems Navigator

simiouser1

Post by simiouser1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:12 am

Thank you so much, ptkolodziejczyk.

I've done with your help.

Thank you so much.