Using vehicle to carry different parts.

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
Yvtch1

Using vehicle to carry different parts.

Post by Yvtch1 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:32 pm

I have 5 parts and 4 servers, each parts has different travel with different sequence.
Some parts need to be carried by a cart and I'm having problems assigning carts for parts i want to be carried.
can anyone please help me.

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: Using vehicle to carry different parts.

Post by dsturrock » Wed May 04, 2016 1:12 pm

You could do it with process logic or with a custom object. But perhaps as easy approach is to add a second TransferNode (let's call it TransferNode1) at the output of each Server that has this behavior. Use a Link Selection Weight to force entities that need the Vehicle to go to TransferNode1, those that don't, proceed directly to their destination. At TransferNode1, you specify that it needs a vehicle.

If you post your problems in the Simio Insiders forums instead of the public forums then people can respond with models and pictures.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC