Simio
  • Interaction between SQL and SIMIO

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #7032  by felipehidalgob
 Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 am
Hi, I'm simulating the system container in a container yard. My question is how I can make the interaction between the simulation and the database (SQL for example) container for the ordering of them in the database, this interaction should be done during the simulation. I need read and write in the DB along the simulation.

thanks,
 #7034  by rthiesing
 Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 am
I'd recommend that you look into the DbConnect User Defined element, which can be found under User Defined in the Elements ribbon, in the Definitions window. The steps DbQuery, DbRead and DbWrite all work with this user defined Element. They can be found in the Processes window, under the User Defined category of Steps.