WorkSchedule Wiht 'idle time'

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
omarmansur

WorkSchedule Wiht 'idle time'

Post by omarmansur » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi,

I have a model on Simio 'its like a telemarketing', and in the Server i Have the processing time calculated and the workschedule both on the table reference.

But to make the model closer the reality , i want to put like a 'idle time' on the processing, because between the worker treat a entity costumer , he leaves the workstation, he talks to a friend, anyway sometimes he's not there like i put on the schedule.

How to do it ? Is there a function on Simio for it?

Thanks !

Omar Mansur

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: WorkSchedule Wiht 'idle time'

Post by dsturrock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:29 pm

One easy way to do this is using the reliability sections. You can schedule a "downtime" of random duration after every operation or after just some operations.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

omarmansur

Post by omarmansur » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks!

If i get , you say on Server : ' Reliability Logic'
Failure Type 'Processing time Base'
Uptime Between failures ' 10 minutes'
Time to repair '1 minute'

In this example , means that every 10 minutes will be a failure and the worker go back in a minute to the job? or the entityes will have 1 minute delay?

Thanks again!

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Yes, that is correct. I suggest that you read the help topic on Reliability to help you better understand it and select which of the 4 options best suits your needs.For example if you used Processing Count Based with a
Count Between Failures of Random.Discrete(1, .40, 2, 1.0)
then 40% of the time your agent would take a break between each call and the remainder of the time he would take a break after every second call.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

omarmansur

Post by omarmansur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks !!!!!
I think it's going to work!!!!

omarmansur

Post by omarmansur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi, i have another question

I watched on youtube ( link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAm2eYZu0D4 ) a function that models 'learning curve' on Simio, I think it applies better in the project, because I can put the effeciency per hour or minutes that gets closest to the real.

If you watch the video he used a function table and named, but my only problem is when I go to the function table the only way is put a Expression, and I did not find a Expression that make senses that looks like the model on youtube, I think my version is diferent!

Thanks again!

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 am

What was originally called Function Table is now called Lookup Table. But otherwise it works as described in the video.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

omarmansur

Post by omarmansur » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:05 am

I have a workschedule like an example below :

08:00AM = 10 'Workers'
08:10AM = 12 'Workers'
08:20AM = 7 'Workers'
10:00AM = 20 'Workers'
until 08:00PM

I would like to put something like the learning curve that previous example, but I want to change the parameter for the workers.

Example:

Every 10 minutes or every hour, workers would have a truancy rate or inactive rate (I don't know if this terms are correct) , then it would be something like : the 10 workers I have 8:00 AM 20% of them would be out of the workstation or inactive, it would be something close of the examples that you helped me, I thought it would work the discrete distribution, but from what I understand it is not possible because this expression is cumulative, and the model has to be something like a constant % of the workers idleness or Inactive on my workshcedule.

Example:

08:00AM = 10 'Workers' (20% Of then Inactive)
08:10AM = 12 'Workers' (20% Of then Inactive)
08:20AM = 07 'Workers' (30% Of then Inactive)
08:30AM = 15 'Workers' (45% Of then Inactive)
09:40AM = 18 'Workers' (15% Of then Inactive)
13:20AM = 22 'Workers' (55% Of then Inactive)

Thanks!