Simio
  • AutoCAD file

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #6622  by hgserrano
 Fri May 29, 2015 6:27 am
Hello, does anyone know how can I instert an AutoCad file? I've found a way to insert it as a picture, but I want to insert it so Simio can recognise the walls of the building (airport terminal). Is it even possible?

Thanks!
 #6624  by jzhou
 Fri May 29, 2015 8:00 am
you can import autocad drawing, please follow below steps

Drawing tab---->Place Symbol----->Import Symbol
Select your local autocad file, *.dwg or *.dxf,import!
 #6627  by dsturrock
 Fri May 29, 2015 9:55 am
If you are just looking to import an AutoCAD drawing as a 2D or 3D object, then follow the steps described.
If you were hoping to import a collection of objects, that is not currently supported. Each import brings in exactly one object, and no division into its sub-objects is possible.
Most people import the AutoCAD "object" to use as a background or framework and then place other objects on top of it.
 #7306  by marcelofnhenriques
 Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 am
Is this still the current state of CAD import on Simio?

I am looking to import two objects, in order to represent two moments: doors opened and doors closed.
I pretend to create a more rich animation, with changing symbols.
 #7307  by willem
 Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:40 am
Hi,

Yes, but you can assign multiple simbols to a object... So you are still capable of doing your animation. Just note that the size will remain the same therefore you have to change the size when changing the symbol.

Refer to the simio reference guide, search for symbols. This should help you to implement the symbol change...

Regards,
Willem