Animation

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
sazzadhossain

Animation

Post by sazzadhossain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:24 pm

I want to animate a wind turbine. How can I make the blades rotate. Any suggestion with any simbits or any idea would be much appreciated
SOLOSI
Simulation for the Masses

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: Animation

Post by dsturrock » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:55 am

If you are not already a Simio Insider, I suggest that you join. Then you can post your inquiries inside the Simio Insider forums where people can attach solutions. Because of spammers, the public areas don't permit attachments.

To answer your question, there are 2 possibilities right now.

1) And advanced user could create (or have an expert create) an animated symbol. For example, if you look at the animated people you can see actions like walking, running, swimming, ... . Simio itself does not provide features to create such symbols, but Simio will animate such symbols when they are imported. You can look at the file import list to see the formats supported.

2) You can change also the Heading of a symbol at will. The SimBit RotatingVehicleExample shows how to use this to rotate a robot arm.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

sazzadhossain

Re: Animation

Post by sazzadhossain » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks Dave
SOLOSI
Simulation for the Masses