Changing Sequence table over time

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
antonio6vieira

Changing Sequence table over time

Post by antonio6vieira » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 am

Hi everyone!

In the project I'm developing I need something similar to what was done on the Simbit "EntityFollowsSequence".

The difference is that I need to be able to change the destinations (update the contents of the sequence table) over time (the number of rows of the table can be fixed, although it would be ideal if they could be dynamically created).

Could someone please explain how it would be possible to do this? My edition is NOT Enterprise.

Thanks.

zhongshuai

Re: Changing Sequence table over time

Post by zhongshuai » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I have no idea of how to change the table contents, but I will try to use SetNode process to route the entities. That could be nasty but you have a lot of freedom.

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Post by dsturrock » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 am

1) You don't have to consistently move BySequence. You can take detours off the sequence. For example you may normally travel A-B-C-D but if you fail at B you might instead move (off sequence) to E.

2) You can use SetRow to change your sequence or the sequence step the entity is executing.

3) {Advanced concept alert}Unless you are using Enterprise Edition, each cell in a table is a property (e.g. Row 5, Column 3 is a property), but the contents of a cell can be defined as a state. Since its a property you cannot change the definition of a cell during runtime, but if that cell definition is referring to a state, you can change the value of that state.

So you can create a model state of type NodeReferenceProperty called MyDest. Then in the destination column of the sequence table manually type in MyDest. Each time you execute that sequence step it will evaluate the current value of the state MyDest and send the entity to that location.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

ASagan

Post by ASagan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:40 am

Dave...

Did not know number 3.

Excellent
Solosi Pty Ltd -- www.solosi.com