Simio
  • Combiner Batch Logic

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #4877  by Fondten
 Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:14 am
I'm currently strugling a bit with a project I'm working on.

I am trying to get my combiner to use varying batch quantity depending on the type of entity entering the combiner.
However, the reference type i use in my data sheet seems to be incorrect, as well as my batch logic expression. Anyone know the answer for this?

Best Regards

Martin Fondt
 #4879  by dsturrock
 Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 pm
Sorry, I think we need more information (or the model).

Batch Quantity is evaluated in the context of the parent entity. Assuming that the parent entity is associated with a row in table PartType, and that DesignFoilBatch is numeric (Integer, Real, or Expression), then the expression "PartType.DesignFoilBatch" seems like it should work for a Batch Quantity.
 #6183  by kcalvi1
 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 pm
Hello,

I am having the same problem, however I have not been able to solve it.

I have the parent entity associated with a row in a table named Products, and a column named BatchQty with an integer value in the same table. I am using the expression Products.BatchQty to evaluate the Batch Quantity but I get an error that says "Invalid data table reference products".

I would appreciate any suggestions on working around this issue.

Thank you,

Kevin
 #6185  by dsturrock
 Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 pm
Although you say you have "parent entity associated with a row in a table" it sounds like the problem is that no formal association exists. Sometimes it is made automatically based on how you create the entity. Or it can be made using the Table Reference Assignments on the Source object, or by using the SetRow step in a process.
 #6538  by OcampoHM
 Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:17 pm
The index manual refres to this situation in the way you try to solve.
I am new in the forum and I am trying to use te same logic.
Did anyone solve it?
 #6561  by dsturrock
 Sat May 02, 2015 9:57 pm
Perhaps refer to SimBit Entity Follows Sequence With Table