How can i make empty vehicles to move and park at a node?

General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
Juank85

How can i make empty vehicles to move and park at a node?

Post by Juank85 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:16 pm

I am trying to recreate a train. I have three different sources creating 3 types of vehicles (locomotive1,well cars, locomotive2) based on a schedule. This entities go to a transfer node.
Once this vehicles are created and stored in the transfer node, i want to park each one into empty transfer nodes (5 nodes) so i can load them later with my container entities.
How can i do this? I cant get the set of 5 entities (locomotive1,3 wells and locomotive 2) to move to the transfer nodes i have placed in the model.

Thanks for the help.

Juan Carlos.

dsturrock
Simio Team Member

Re: How can i make empty vehicles to move and park at a node

Post by dsturrock » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Have you looked at the simple train library here: http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 4442#p4442

Maybe you can use it as is, but if not you can probably learn a few tricks from it.
Dave Sturrock
VP Operations, Simio LLC

Juank85

Re: How can i make empty vehicles to move and park at a node

Post by Juank85 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks Mr.Sturrock.
I will verify it and let you know.