Simio
  • Problema Routing Vehicle

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #4371  by sldbtc
 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:33 am
Hello,

I Am performing a simulation which consists of a mesh of nodes with some groove at some points in my mesh, additionally in other parts of the mesh are some SINK. the idea is to SOURCE generate entities and the Vehicle take this entities and transported to the SINK. I configureted a transportation list in the output node of my SOURCE whit my Vehicle, the problem is when the Vehicle go to the source and take the entities to bring them to SINK, to arrive at first node the entities takes a different route to the vehicle.
- How I can do for entities vehicle do not fall out until the SINK?.
- Someone will have any example in SIMIO rounting problem?
- Someone have an example where an entity transport vehicle at a distance greater than 2 nodes.

I'm new occupying the softwaredo not know if some process is needed for what I'm doing.

I can Attach my sourcecode.

In advance thank you :D

Regards Cristian.
 #4372  by CWatson
 Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 am
Without seeing your model (not attached to discussion), it sounds as though you will need to specify the Entity Destination Type (under Routing Logic properties on the output node of the Source, above where you specify that the vehicle is needed) to 'Specific' and specify the Node Name as 'Input@Sink1' or whatever your sink location is. It sounds like the Entity Destination Type is set to 'Continue', in which case the vehicle will move the entity to the next node it finds and drop it off, and the entity then continues alone (not on the vehicle).
 #4382  by sldbtc
 Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 pm
Hi,

I can Now that a vehicle could transport up entity to SINK, but I can Now that a vehicle could transport up entity to SINK.
I confgured the node and the timePath whit inicial capacity 1 as shown in the image1.
The problem is that my car fall into a deadlock as shown in the image2. The logic is the vehicle unloaded or loaded should have taken the route that was available, but that was obviously longer.
not sure if this should be done on the vehicle configuration, the Source or create a process that will realize.

note: the roads can only have one car at a time

Image 1

Regards Cristian

image 2
 #4383  by ASagan
 Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:31 pm
Deadlocking prevention is normally done either by:
1. Changing the configuration of the network so deadlocks can't happen. Or
2. Creating your own custom processes to make sure vehicles make intelligent decisions to avoid deadlocking.

You could simply make the two routes one way to avoid deadlocking. Alternatively, you could use link weights so if a path is already occupied, its weight for selection is zero, and then set the nodes to use 'output by link weight'.
 #4385  by sldbtc
 Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:35 pm
had evaluated the option of networks, but it would be inefficient if your screen is large with many nodes, the number of networks would grow exponentially.
I also understand that it would create a process appropriate to avoid such deadlocks, and had tried the issue of weights but without good results, try it both weigth in the node and in the path consegue not do what he wanted, was still occurring deadlock.
now as it should be my process to prevent this from happening? Which functions I can take for this?

Regards Cristian.
 #4386  by MEagar
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 am
If you have a large network and cant duplicate the paths two consist of two unidirectional paths instead of one bi directional path...

When a transporter enters the node preceding the next path, have a process check the CurrentNumberOfTravellers on the path...

If zero, allow transporter to go ahead on the path, else park the transporter at the current node...

ditto for transporter coming from the other side...

Remember when a transporter climbs of the path top release the parked entities that are waiting...

The variables are such that you should be able to write one process that can be used by all paths...i.e....use node properties such as NextLink instead of PathName references...
 #4388  by sldbtc
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am
Hi,

thanks for you help. First , about what do you say, duplicate the paths two consist of two unidirectional paths instead of one bi directional path, if I do that could happen that two vehicle pass through the same route in opposite directions, which would avoid the deadlocks, but would fulfill the requirement that only pass one vehicle at a time.
the above and the problem can be solved I think a process like you said, for a generic process for the vehicles I think it should be when a vehicle arrives at a node evaluate whether the road to take this busy, but how I can refer to a process or node path next? , This is a property of the vehicle? .... I can access the current, but as I can generically evaluate the next node to visit?

My idea is that when a vehicle visits a node evaluate whether the road to take this busy, if you visit this what if is busy moving to another. without forgetting that the requirement is to get the entities from the SOURCE to SINK.

Regards Cristian
 #4390  by MEagar
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 am
First , about what do you say, duplicate the paths two consist of two unidirectional paths instead of one bi directional path, if I do that could happen that two vehicle pass through the same route in opposite directions, which would avoid the deadlocks, but would fulfill the requirement that only pass one vehicle at a time.

* Not sure I understand but if you set the traveller capacity of a route to 1...there will only be one vehicle allowed on the path at a time...Thus you would have a two way street where only one vehicle per direction will be allowed to drive....

the above and the problem can be solved I think a process like you said, for a generic process for the vehicles I think it should be when a vehicle arrives at a node evaluate whether the road to take this busy, but how I can refer to a process or node path next? , This is a property of the vehicle? ....

*NO...try... "NodeName." - any of the functions in the screenshot.
 #4391  by MEagar
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 am
I dont know where to attach a file can you access the member forum ??
 #4392  by MEagar
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 am
I dont know where to attach a file can you access the member forum ??

or try in any expression box

TransferNode1.OutboundLinks. and a drop down appears

or the

TransferNode1.InboundLinks. and a drop down appears
 #4393  by dsturrock
 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 am
If you look in the description of this forum
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files, so we recommend that more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums.
you will see that this is the wrong place for such a technical discussion that requires file exchanges.