Simio
  • Transferring vehicles from a Basicnode parkingstation

• General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
    To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
General Simio discussions. THIS IS *NOT* A GOOD PLACE FOR SUPPORT QUESTIONS.
To limit spam this and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files. We recommend that support issues and more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums below where you can attach your model and see example solutions. See above Welcome forum to join Simio Insiders.
 #4343  by 15700771
 Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 am
Good day,

I have vehicles carrying entities in a batch process that arrive at servers at various time intervals. The vehicles are transferred to a basicnode parkingstation to wait until vehicles with the same properties arrive. These vehicles then have to be transferred to the server after the delay has occurred.

I am currently using BasicNode.ParkingStation.Contents.ItemAtIndex(object).Vehicle.Priority to loop through the values in the queue, but I cannot transfer the specific vehicles to the input at the server once the conditions are met since the expression for the entity object in the Transfer step would not allow me to do so.

Hope you have a solution,

Thank you in advance
Rhynard Prins
 #4344  by tulach
 Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:13 pm
Do you use Search step to loop through the queue?

Each Search step has two endings original and found. The found token is associated with the found object (entity, vehicle whatever)
You just use Transfer step on this ending.

Search step also has many way to prioritize or match exact condition to find what you want.
 #4346  by 15700771
 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:22 am
Thank you very much for the reply.

My problem is that the executing token is a ModelEntity and I want that ModelEntity to search through a Basicnode Parkingstation as soon as it enters the server to find the vehicle with the same priority as the executing token. The matching vehicle then needs to be transferred to the input node of the server. If I use the search step I keep getting an error that there is an object miss-match between the entity and the vehicle.

Is there a way to search through a Basicnode parking station with an executing token and return the vehicle to be transferred once it is found?

I am currently looping through the queue with BasicNode.ParkingStation.Contents.ItemAtIndex(object).Vehicle.Priority using a decide within another decide step and the object as the counter. It works to find the combination but cannot return the correct vehicle properties for the transfer step.

Hope you can help,

Rhynard Prins.
 #4347  by ASagan
 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:07 pm
You can use the search step to return the index of the vehicle you're looking for fairly easily.

For the search step return value, try something along the lines of Candidate.CurrentStation.Contents.IndexOfItem(Candidate) which should cause your tokens return value (Token.ReturnValue) to be set to the index of the object you want.

Alternatively, make use of the Search steps 'return index of item found' property.
 #4349  by tulach
 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:10 am
Model Entity bound token can still search through queue.

You just need to specify match condition like: ModelEntity.Priority == Candidate.vehicle.priority
ModelEntity is bound to the original token and you use the keyword Candidate to specify, that you mean items that are in the queue.

Vehicles (and there can be more then one) which match the condition will be associated with the Found Token.
So on the Found branch you can use Transfer step.